Sunday 27 September 2009

Bangkok - 9th? August 2009

Aaron arrived today so we had a lovely breakfast and then Naomi met up with Aaron whilst Lily and I were relaxing in the pool and doing a bit of shopping. All four of us met up to go to the weekend market which Lily had read about and it was quite a market! We all split up and arranged to reconvene elsewhere, which worked out well. There were so many things to look at, it was incredible. There was a stall selling rabbits dressed in dresses. Obviously I'm not keen on them selling baby rabbits there, but they were so completely and utterly adorable!! I was very tempted to take one home! I found various chopsticks and other presents for people which was handy, although there was way to much choice, and many very similar stalls which confused me!
We then headed to MBK, whilst Naomi and Aaron did their own thing. We had a lovely lunch, although it was kind of expensive. We managed to get lots of cheap DVDs and CDs which were obviously copies but brilliant. I even got the newest Harry Potter movie! Lily got a lovely watch which really suited her skin colour, I was a bit gutted that I hadn't spotted it first!
I spent a bit of time on the internet that evening, and then met the rest of the group. There was a football match on that evening with Newcastle playing, so the boys were wearing their shirts, and so they bumped into fellow Geordies as they were walking around! It was pretty cool - small world huh!
We hung out in their room, and the guys went for a Burger King, where some lovely ladies had asked us to look over this document for them which they were forming to send off to someone. Lily looked so studious! I meanwhiile was choking on my way too chillified subway sandwich! I was panting like a dog!
The others sat for a drink for a bit whilst I went dress shopping! I seemed to try to get a new dress each day! I really loved their dresses though, very pretty and good for going out in!

No comments: