Tuesday 4 August 2009

Phnom Penh- 4th August 2009

I hve no idea why but I seem to be sleeping copius amounts of late; 13 hours last night, so I awoke at 2pm today; the girl who thought the locals at a previous guesthouse must be ill or lazy for only getting out of bed at 7am. Whoops, well at least I won't have to make any major changes when I get back to the UK, I'll be already jet-lag adjusted, I'll just need to sleep less.
I got a bit concerned about the Bangkok flight crash, but thankfully it wasn't flying into Bangkok, but to a related island thankfully, although still not great news.
'House' was on last night which was awesome! I never really was a great fan of it, but after getting to know some of the characters a bit better, it really is a pretty good show!
I'm getting bored of all the food here; pizza, sandwiches, noodles and rice dishes. I'll be glad for the change of scenery as of tomorrow.
I had an annoyingly dodgy experience at a restaurant a few nights ago as I'd ordered an orange juice and vegetable noodles. The orange juice came, and I know fake orange juice is not supposed to be wonderful, but it could have at least have actually tasted of oranges. I felt a bit guilty about sending it back, but I felt less guilty as my 'vegetable noodles' turned out to have something animal resembling in it, which after a few proddings with my chop-sticks, I sent back also. Eventually I got some real fresh orange juice, and some vegetable noodles, which made me feel nauseus all over again. I wonder if the people wondered why I'd bothered even coming out for the amount I actually ate off the plate, but anyway, I got a few mouthfuls down me and it stops me feeling sick from hunger, I now felt sick from eating...
I really need to find a shop selling some decent food, like peanuts or non-P+G pringles or something.

No comments: