Sunday 2 August 2009

Phnom Penh - 3rd August 2009

I seem to have had a rough morning this morning. I seem to be sleeping copius amounts and then the littlest of things are exhausting me. I almost didn't bother coming out to the internet cafe! I had chips and orange juice for breakfast and I'm thinking the vinegar of the ketchup and the acidity of the juice must have had some kind of chemical reaction; painful!
I've been really enjoying the US comedies that have been on the TV the last few days, although it is frustrating how many repeats there seem to be... do I really need to see the same episode three times?!
There was an adorable, but very annoying little kitten pestering me whilst I was trying to eat some chips in the restaurant in my guesthouse. She climbed up onto the table and would have had her face in my chips had it not been for me holding them up high above my head. She made me kind of nervous that she might try jumping up, and eventually my arm got sore so between mouthfuls I was moving the plate from my table to the table beside me, and then chucking the occasional chip on the ground for the kitten. She had such an adorable face, it was really hard to not feed the cutie!
On one of my recent motorbike trips I saw a guy nearly get run over by a mad man who obviously had no clutch control as he reversed back extremely quickly! Everyone seems to be a bit mad here when it comes to their driving. I'm surprised I've not been in any more RTAs yet.
My itchy hands and feet which have been driving me mad seem to have stopped which is a relief, although I'm still getting bad hunger pains and feeling dehydrated despite trying to drink lots. It probably doesn't help much that the bottles of water they sell in the guesthouse taste a bit overchlorinated.

No comments: